How do I apply for an Interdistrict Attendance Permit?
“Interdistrict Attendance Permits” allow students from districts outside of Eureka City Schools to apply to attend Eureka City Schools.
- Parents/Guardians must obtain an “Interdistrict Attendance Permit” from their resident (home) district for each student requesting to attend a Eureka City School. For grades K-5, bring the signed permit form to the District Office at 2100 J Street. For grades 6 – 12, submit the signed permit form to the specific middle or high school.
- Be sure to complete all sections of the permit form.
- Submit the completed form and the most recent Report Card or Transcript to the District Office for grades K-5 or specific middle or high school office for grades 6 – 12. You will be notified by mail of the decision.
- Register your student at the Eureka City Schools District Office for grades K-5 or specific school for middle or high school. A signed permit must be on file prior to registration at any school.
- “Interdistrict Attendance Permits” for Eureka City Schools residents requesting to attend a district other than ECS may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
Parents/Guardians must have an approved permit from ECS before applying to the new district. You may obtain an “Interdistrict Attendance Permit” from your resident (home) school or the District Office. The site administrator may contact the parent/guardian to arrange for an interview.