Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
ESLR 1: Students who are effective and informed communicators
- Understand and use academic language both oral and written
- Write and present in a logical, structured and thoughtful manner that demonstrates knowledge of purpose and audience
- Use technology appropriately
- Recognize and use respectful non verbal communication
ESLR 2: Students who are self-directed and responsible
- Use effective goal-setting strategies to create a positive vision for themselves in order to set priorities and maximize their potential.
- Apply appropriate strategies based on self assessment to learn academic and vocational standards and skills.
- Demonstrate positive and productive citizenship.
ESLR 3: Students who are critical and creative thinkers
- Actively seek information and knowledge, critically evaluate, synthesize and apply findings appropriately.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the connections between prior knowledge, subject matter areas and the real world through involvement at EHS including clubs, pathways and senior projects.
- Open to information that challenges traditional concepts, delve deeply into subjects and engage in meaningful service.
ESLR 4: Students who are involved and engaged in learning.
- Challenge and question assumptions and opinions in order to form and develop their own perspectives and interpretations.
- Make relevant connections between issues, ideas, and self.
- Participate in discussions, forums and project based activities leading to creative thought and production.