- Published: Monday, October 22, 2018
October 19, 2018
Dear Grant Families,
The school year is off to a great start! We are noticing safe, respectful, responsible behaviors all around campus. I feel privileged to spend my time with the fantastic students and staff at Grant. In an effort to continue our safe, respectful, responsible code of conduct I would like to take a moment to remind the Grant community about a few procedures we try to follow.
When dropping off or picking up please be SAFE by watching out for our students. Please be RESPECTFUL by pulling forward all the way to the RED PAWS. Be RESPONSIBLE by remaining in your car at all times. For safety reasons it is critical that students are let out BEYOND the painted yellow line. Our parking lot is small and crowded. If everyone works together we WILL be more efficient at arrival and dismissal times.
School begins each day at 8:10. Students may arrive anytime after 7:40. On Monday K-3 students are dismissed at 1:25 and 4-5 at 2:00. Tuesday-Friday K-3 is dismissed at 2:12 and 4-5 at 2:37. We are working hard to decrease absences and tardies. When your student is late or absent they miss out on important learning time. Please be RESPONSIBLE by picking up your student on time each day. Our office is a busy place and it is difficult for the office staff to do their work if a large amount of students are not picked up on time. We want ALL students at Grant to be successful, and that success begins with being at school, on time, ready to learn!
Parent conferences are right around the corner. They will be held November 8 & 9th and 13th-16th. During this time ALL students will be dismissed at 12:50. Notes will be coming home in the next few weeks regarding scheduling dates and times for conferences. If certain times or days are better for you please let your child’s teacher know ahead of time. There is NO SCHOOL on Monday November 12th in honor of Veterans’ Day. The Book Fair will be held in the library during parent conferences.
Upcoming Grant Events:
- October 22nd-26th: Red Ribbon Week
- October 25th: AVID/PBIS Family Activity Night/Pizza Fundraiser-5:30-7:00
- Halloween Parade: 8:45 am
- Please have students wear their costumes over their clothes, or bring a change of clothes.
- November 1st & 2nd- STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY, NO SCHOOL
- Trekking Tuesday: November 6th (meet @ JoAnn’s Fabrics @ 7:30)
- Parent Conferences: November 8,9 & November 13-16th
- 12:50 Dismissal, Book Fair in the library
- Veterans’ Day: November 10th, NO SCHOOL
- Thanksgiving Vacation: November 19th-23rd
- Check lost and found for missing coats!
Grant School Principal