Notice Of Public Hearing
- Published: Thursday, March 19, 2009
|When:||February 6, 2008, 7:00 PM Special Board Meeting|
|Where:||3200 Walford Avenue, Eureka|
Gregg Haulk, Superintendent 441-2414,
The Eureka City Schools Governing Board will hold a public hearing to receive public comment on the Collective Bargaining Agreement Public Disclosure and Summary and Ratification of the 2007-2010 Contract between Eureka City Schools and Eureka Teachers Association/CTA/NEA.
2007/2008 Benefits + Retroactive 1%
2008/2009 Benefits + 2.75%
2009/2010 Benefits + 3.25% and Salary Re-opener
Overall increase by July 1, 2009 is 7.2%
LANGUAGE: STARTING 2008/2009 SCHOOL YEAR
A. If Resource Specialist Teachers are assigned more than one (1) site their caseload will be 26 or less.
B. Special Day Classes at the elementary level shall have a maximum class size of fourteen (14) students unless:
1. Every Special Day Class at the elementary level is at 14, then an additional student (1) can be added to a special day class (15) with teacher compensation equal to $55 (approximately equal to two hours of the intervention/summer school hourly rate) per day for the first added student.
2. If the teacher volunteers to take the 16th student, the teacher is compensated at $110 (or twice the daily rate in 1) per day.
3. Compensation is for the over enrolled days.
C. Special Day Classes at the secondary level shall have a maximum class size of fourteen (14) students with any newly enrolled special day student being added to another site if at all possible. However if;
1. Every Special Day Class at a middle or high school site is at 14 for any single period, then an (1) additional student can be added to that period (15) with teacher compensation equal to the intervention/summer school hourly rate for the over enrolled period.
2. The teacher volunteers to take the 16th student at double the hourly rate – this overrides C1.
Zoe Barnum class size maximum is twenty-one (21) students with one additional student permitted upon mutual consent of the teacher and the principal.
School Day Supervision
A. Bus and yard duty for elementary teachers shall not be assigned.
B. Before and after school supervision at the secondary level shall not be assigned.
C. If more supervision is requested during non-assigned time, the site administrator may ask for teachers to volunteer at the intervention/summer school hourly rate.