Negotiations Update 04-19-2016
- Published: Tuesday, April 19, 2016
The District and CSEA met all day to continue negotiations for the 2016-17 year.
The District proposed and CSEA agreed to review the following with CSEA membership:
- A committee to explore health care benefits including vendor and plan options, costs and possible timelines for change
- A District-wide committee including CSEA, ETA and District representatives for the purpose of reviewing student enrollment and actions that can be taken District wide to decrease inter-district transfers and increase student enrollment. As part of the District’s proposal, the District has offered a formula that would improve the salary schedule on an ongoing basis with increased student enrollment.
Proposals were exchanged on the following articles:
- Leaves (Organizational Leave and Discretionary Leave)
- Hours and Overtime (Extra Duty, Backfilling and Orientation of new employees)
- Safety (process and subject matter for employee concerns regarding work environment)
- Layoff and Reemployment (possible inclusion of a reduction of hours as a layoff)
The District provided CSEA with a cost analysis of the pending proposals on economic issues. The CSEA proposal has an overall cost of $1,630,000, and the District proposal has an estimated cost of $350,000. Please see below.
|Eureka City Schools Cost of Proposals||April 16, 2016|
|Revert back to previous salary schedule||(20,000)||---|
|Create new salary schedule for Blue and White collar units using Blue Collar schedule||40,000||---|
|Adjust salary schedule with 8% increase to all cells||560,000||---|
|Add $.53 to each cell of salary schedule (3.5%)||---||245,000|
|$270,000 for 2016-17 to apply to reclassifications and/or reallocations||270,000||---|
|$270,000 for 2017-18 to apply to reclassifications and/or reallocations||270,000||---|
|Stipend for training hours at +$5 per hour for the trainer||Unknown||Unknown|
|Cover cost of benefits to fully fund Spruce family coverage||430,000||---|
|Additional $14 per month contribution to H & W benefits||---||25,000|
|Professional Growth (1% Estimate)||70,000||70,000|
|Increase in cost of dental and vision ($7 per employee per month)||10,000||10,000|
|Cost of 1% Increase (approximate):||70,000||70,000|
|Percentage Cost of Proposal||23.3||5.0|
Parties are scheduled to meet again on June 3, 2016.