Administrator of the Year Kathleen Honsal
- Published: Monday, April 28, 2014
At the April 24 school board meeting, it was with great honor that the Eureka City Schools Governing Board recognized Eureka High School Associate Principal Kathleen Honsal as the 2013-14 Administrator of the Year.
Ms. Honsal has worked for Eureka City Schools for 36 years in many different capacities at various sites and at all grade levels. Her leadership potential was recognized early in her career, and for the past 19 years she has excelled in leadership positions of increasingly significant responsibilities. She has a positive impact on student's educational and school lives; students are her highest priority.
Her colleagues have described her as:
- Rock solid and student focused
- Enthusiastic and always has a positive attitude which is very inspiring
- Takes on new challenges with enthusiasm
- Pleasure to work with, does a wonderful job organizing and coordinating testing
- Has great relationships with students
- Always a big help, supportive
- A person who is unafraid to tell the truth when needed
- One of the most supportive administrator's I have been fortunate to work with
These are just a few of the comments that characterize a very special administrator, one that Eureka City Schools is fortunate to have working with our students, parents and staff. This quote fits her well: “Working together, ordinary people can perform extraordinary feats. They can push things that come into their hands a little higher up, a little further on towards the heights of excellence." She has truly lifted many of our students and staff to accomplish more than they ever thought possible.
Congratulations to Kathleen Honsal for this well-deserved award.