Published: Monday, December 18, 2017
Hours: 8 hrs/day, 5 days/wk, 10 month position, 180 day work year
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Range 28
$11.34 - $16.75
Application All applicants must submit a Eureka City Schools "Classified" application form along with a copy of a Para Professional certificate OR a copy of a valid California teaching credential (30 day emergency permits do not qualify) to the Personnel Office.These are the only two certifications that Eureka City Schools accepts for positions requiring the Para Professional certification. If you do not have a Para Professional Certificate OR a valid California teaching credential, please contact the Humboldt County Office of Education at 445-7039 to schedule an appointment for the Para Professional test and make a notation of your appointment on your application.
This position will remain open for a minimum of ten (10) working days from the date of this posting and/or will remain open until an adequate pool of applicants is received.
INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT - INDIAN EDUCATION
The job of Instructional Assistant-Indian Education is done for the purpose/s of administering tests, providing tutoring and acting as a liaison between the district, parent,students and community agencies.
• Coordinates district, home school, student and parent activities for the purpose of supporting student development and academic success
• Maintains a variety ofiles and records for the purpose of documenting activities, providing reliable information, and complying with district,state and federal requirements.
• Maintains classroom facilities in a dean and orderly fashion for the purpose of providing a supportive learning environment.
• Prepares documentation (e.g. reports, instructions, memos, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
• Promotes program to students and parents for the purpose of developing interest,support and participation.
• Responds to inquiries for the purpose of solving problems,providing information and/or referral.
• Tutors individual students in a variety of subjects for the purpose of supplementing their classroom and home school instruction.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and utilizing pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes:application of instructional/tutorial procedures and practices.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances;work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with specific,job-related data; and utilize specific,job-related equipment. In working with others, In working with others, some problem solving is required to analyze issues, create plans of action and reach solutions; Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; and establish effective working relationships.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines; providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget and/or financial guidelines Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the Organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions requires the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 30% sitting, 35% walking and 35% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations, some hazardous conditions, and in a clean atmosphere.
Experience Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Education High School diploma or equivalent.
Required Testing Certificates & Licenses
Pre-employment Proficiency Exam CPR/First Aid Certificate
Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
FLSA Status Non Exempt Salary Grade White 28